Extended Registration Authority
Odyssey ERA is an all standards compliant, policy-driven, web accessible registration authority server
that can be deployed to service a wide geographical area of users.
Registration Authorities are a key part of the Public Key Infrastructure framework. They receive requests for digital certificates, which they verify and pass on to the Certification Authority for certificate issuance.
For small enterprises, implementing a registration authority poses few problems since the users are concentrated in a limited geographical area. However, for large enterprises, Trusted Third Parties, and government administrations, the users are seldom confined to small geographical areas. They may be dispersed around the globe and in such cases, setting up and coordinating Registration Authorities can become a logistic nightmare. Additionally, the complexity also adds to the learning curve of the operators.
Given the importance of issuing and managing digital certificates effectively, it is critical for Trusted Third Parties and enterprises to implement a fully secure and reliable Certification Authority to protect the security of their clients.
Odyssey’s ERA server offers a secure and cost-effective Certificate Registration solution to resolve problems associated with a dispersed user-base. Instead of having multiple Registration Authority servers with similar configuration running in multiple locations, Odyssey’s Registration Authority sports a web-enabled interface through which registration agents from across the globe can request certificates on behalf of end-users. The functional architecture follows a cascading model with registration agents being able to delegate registration to lower levels, based on administration policies.
Deploying a trusted and reliable Certification Authority enables
organizations and enterprises to:
Suitable for both Trusted Third Parties (TTPs) and enterprises to run registration services for in-house certification.
Suitable for interfacing with external certification authorities.
- No need for multiple RA servers with identical configurations on each of them when servicing users across a large geographical area.
- Reduced cost of training and coordinating Registration Authority operators.
- Supports anywhere from a single RA agent (users of Registration Authorities) to thousands of RA agents.
- Comprehensive PKI library support.
- Reduced deployment time (a matter of weeks) since the ERA server has to be deployed only in a single facility.
- Cascading model of Registration enables large banks and e-governance systems to implement a hierarchical structure of RAs.
- Simple HTML-based interface, configurable from anywhere on the Internet.
- Intuitive administration interface. Steep learning curve.
- Secure administrator authentication using digital certificates.
Explore other products in the same category. We have everything you need to set up
a complete Certificate Management System (CMS)!